Wednesday 20 May 2009

Going to Wellywood!

After the disaster that was Monday we didn't really have anything planned for today (18/05/09) other than getting the coach. The one thing I was dying to do however was talk to Sarah, I knew the internet cafe wouldn't open until 9:30 but my plan was to look for another one that might open at 9 am (making it 10 pm uk time). I got up at 7, text Sarah to see if she was planning to have an early night to recover from the moon walk and then jumped in the shower and have some breakfast. To my dismay I got a text to say that she was too tired, the word damn came to mind! It got things off to a bad start really, I mean it was bad enough not being able to see Sarah but when I can't even hear her voice......argh! Anyway getting away from the negatives we gradually packed up and put away the tent (avoiding the rain too!) before we left for town and the booking of a hostel for wellington before we got on the bus. After trawling through the lonely planet we settled on a zebera painted hostel called "Wellywood". For those of you who don't know, Wellington is like film central for NZ, home of the astemed director Peter Jackson it played a big part in a number of films including Lord of the Rings - hence Wellywood. So with that out the way we left and waited for the bus to arrive.

When it did, we got on and took the backseats again accept this time there was this quite weird guy there too. Me and Jak where having a discusion about the hostel we had booked and the distance from where the bus stop and this guy shhhhed us......I looked at him and he just closed his eyes?!?! I mean he was wearing this orange and black patterned jumper, a football (american) jersey over the top and then a dark green body warmer, I just stared in amazement. Here is where the word, ANYWAY comes in to play.......The rest of the journey sucked a bit, I felt a bit sick and had a head ache as well. Didn't work out too well for me. Anyway got to Wellington and it did turn out to be a short walk to the hostel and we headed got some food and hit the sack.......

Not much else to say and I can't overly excite you about the next few days either other than an awesome table football tourney!!!! (one hand on keeper for the win ay Sam!!)

Much Love missing you all, sorry I am a bit behind on posts again :-(.

Joe x x x x x x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment